English: Key Petroleum Sector facilities (2004) Iran (Wall Map) 2004 “Iran Country Profile” Iran map with insets: Population Density, Ethnoreligious Distribution, Key Petroleum Sector Facilities, Southern Caspian Energy Prospects and Strait Of Hormuz (2.5M) (source: CIA map) http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/iran_country_profile_2004… (Photo credit: Wikipedia)A selection of the latest news stories and editorials published in Iranian news outlets, compiled by Ali Alfoneh, Ahmad Majidyar and Michael Rubin. .
(E) = Article in English
(E) = Article in English
- Egypt‘s President Mursi denies entry visas to Iranian citizens.
- Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami, temporary Tehran Friday prayer leader, condemns “massacre of Muslims in Myanmar”:
- “They are killing Muslims in a savage way and the president of Myanmar is doing so by saying ‘We do not consider Muslims as citizens…’ Sometimes a suspicious death happens at a remote place in the world and they start screaming but in this case, they are silent, which makes us believe that the United States is guilty of this crime as well…”
- “Syria is paying the price of supporting the innocent Palestinians, Hezbollah and the Islamic Iran… The unholy and ominous alliance of the United States, Britain, Europe, the reactionary Arabs, and al-Qaeda, this murderous group and some neighboring countries of Syria, which are dreaming of reestablishing their past empire [Turkey] are behind the crimes… They can’t beat the Syrian people with this terrorist act, just as the Islamic Republic solidly remained in its place after the blast at the office of the Islamic Republican Party.”
- Discussing arrest of Ayatollah Nimr in Saudi Arabia and suppression of the Shi’a in Bahrain, Khatami continued: “The Khalifa and al-Saud clans should know that an infidel government may survive but injustice is not lasting…”
- [E] Iran’s embassy in Sofia denied Israel’s allegations about Tehran’s involvement in a terrorist attack in Bulgaria, and stressed Iran’s strong opposition to any kind of terrorist act.
Military and Security
- Fars News slams Ambassador Bolton’s statements in the wake of terrorist incident in Bulgaria.
- Bakeries in Iran use wheat imported from India.
- [E] Iran’s first nuclear power plant in the Southern port city of Bushehr will reach its 100% power generation capacity by the next month, the Russian contractor in charge of the construction of the plant announced.
Photo of the Day
- Moon sighting for Ramadan in Qom. Read more:
- Iran condemns ‘all terrorist acts’ after Bulgaria attack (dailystar.com.lb)
- Gloating Ahmadinejad hints at Iranian responsibility for Burgas terror attack (timesofisrael.com)
- Buenos Aires Bombing Remembered (commentarymagazine.com)
- Iran condemns Damascus bombing, says talks needed (dailystar.com.lb)
- Hackers to blame for offensive tweet about Peter MacKay’s wife, claims author (windsorstar.com)
- A Senior Iranian Cleric is warning Israel will turn into Ashes (itmakessenseblog.com)
- Tehran’s dreams of post-Arab Spring influence frustrated in Egypt (dailystar.com.lb)
- 40,000 Iran agents in Western Hemisphere (counterjihadreport.com)
- Mahdi Fever – Islam’s Great Religious World Political Leader (lynleahz.com)