Adrian Wall of Pitt Road, Thornton Heath, was one of seven people arrested by detectives from the Counter Terrorism Command on May 1.
Mr Ali is also charged under the Identity Documents Act for possessing a fake Norwegian passport.
A 49-year-old woman who was also arrested in Croydon, and three other suspects continue to be detained under the Terrorism Act 2000.
- National News: Three in court after terror swoop (coventrytelegraph.net)
- Wales News: Taxi firm owner with Cardiff school contracts appears in court on conspiracy charge (walesonline.co.uk)
- Three men face conspiracy charges (bbc.co.uk)
- Three in court on drugs charges after terror raids (independent.co.uk)
- Cardiff man arrested on suspected terrorism financing offences (walesonline.co.uk)