Spies trying to disrupt Iran‘s upcoming elections arrested: Moslehi
Hojjatoleslam Moslehi made the remarks among reporters at the end of a cabinet meeting in Tehran on Sunday.’Our intelligence apparatus had complete information about the activities of the arrested spies,’ he added.
The minister pointed out that the detained spies were trying to execute the plots of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) through social networks and cyberspace to disrupt the process of the upcoming Ninth Majlis (Parliament) elections.
‘The detainees were in contact with abroad through cyberspace networks. We arrested them after we obtained full information about their espionage activities,’ Hojjatoleslam Moslehi added.
The Ninth Majlis (Parliament) Elections will be held on March 2.
- Iran Makes ‘US Spies’ Arrests, Gives Few Details (abcnews.go.com)
- Iran makes ‘US spies’ arrests, gives few details (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Iran Claims Arrests of ‘U.S. Spies’ – FOX News (foxnews.com)
- US citizen sentenced to death in Iran (smh.com.au)
- #Iran Makes ‘US Spies’ Arrests, Gives Few Details – ABC News (lissnup.wordpress.com)
- Iran imposes death sentence in U.S. spy case (mercurynews.com)
- Iran Imposes Death Sentence on Alleged US Spy – New York Times (nytimes.com)
- Busted: U.S spies arrested in Iran (bazaardaily.com)
- Iranian Intelligence Minister: Captured Spies Active in All Fields (haroonhaider.com)