Authorities said the explosion Monday happened as the officers were traveling in a vehicle.
It is the latest in a series of small-scale attacks that have hit Kenya since the government sent troops into neighboring Somalia to pursue al-Shabab militants. Kenya accuses the al-Qaida-linked fighters of kidnapping foreigners on Kenyan soil.
The militants say they are fighting to overthrow Somalia’s U.N.-backed government and impose a strict form of Islamic law.
Dadaab is home to more than 400,000 refugees from Somalia.
- Bomb just misses Kenyan policeman in refugee camp (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Kenyan policeman killed in blast (bbc.co.uk)
- Land mine kills Kenyan policeman at refugee camp (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Land mine kills Kenyan policeman at refugee camp (ctv.ca)
- KENYA:Aid agencies suspend activities in Kenya’s refuge camp after blast (laaska.wordpress.com)
- U.S. considers shutting down Somali militants’ Twitter use (mercurynews.com)
- Kenya Promises to Pursue AQ linked Terrorists Deeper into Somalia (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Blast in Kenya refugee camp kills policeman (nation.com.pk)
- Somali Islamists Kill Kenyan Policeman (waronterrornews.typepad.com)