The EU’s police and justice mission in Kosovo, EULEX, said a judge had dismissed all five counts against Hashim Rexhepi.
The charges had included abuse of office and fraud.
The Reuters news agency reports that diplomats had voiced concern over the case, suggesting that the arrest may have been politically motivated.
Reuters quoted Rexhepi as saying on December 15 that “finally, justice was served.”
- Tension Flares As Kosovo Prepares To Reopen Northern Border Post (wdsi.wordpress.com)
- Kosovo – peace not self-enforcing | TransConflict (theromangate.wordpress.com)
- UN Envoy Warns Of Escalating Kosovo Tensions (theromangate.wordpress.com)
- NATO’s Rasmussen Urges Kosovo, Serbia For Calm (wdsi.wordpress.com)
- The Ahtisaari Plan and North Kosovo | TransConflict (theromangate.wordpress.com)
- Merkel urges peace deal between Kosovo and Serbia (ctv.ca)
- EU, Kosovo police deployed to disputed crossing points with Serbia – Xinhua (news.google.com)
- Peacekeepers Take Serbia-Kosovo Border Posts (nytimes.com)
- Peacekeepers Take Serbia-Kosovo Border Posts – New York Times (news.google.com)